Thursday, February 23, 2017

Maths Inquiry 2017


This year my focus for my inquiry is around Maths, I will be looking into how assessment and the understanding of the stages of maths can help me to teach and meet the needs of my students.

We will look at add/sub to see where my students are at and work out what they need to achieve to advance to the next level.  There is a big gap in the students learning based around fractions.

Firstly I'll be having discussions with senior members of staff and getting PD around Maths teaching to support my inquiry.  I will be letting the students know what they need to achieve to progress through to the next stage to give them responsibility of their own learning.

I will be working with the maths progressions a lot this year and seeing how I can use this to assist the students learning in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment